Saturday, September 10, 2016

New Every Morning

So in true fashion of the life that is my life, things have been a wee bit crazy in our world.  As always God is affirming a theme these past couple of weeks..."new".

It started a couple of weeks ago as I left the house for my very first day at my new job.  As I turned out of my little town and headed east, the sunrise was Awe-Mazing.  The sun was just starting to break through the top of the clouds that were a beautiful blue-grey impending storm.  They offered a buffer to the blinding brilliance that usually accompanies that first break of light and enabled the sun to be directly looked at and the color was un.create.able...neonorangesalmoncoralredfushiapink, with a hint of glow.

mythoughtscaptive.blogspot.com

And as the whole horizon came into full view, Phil Wickham's "Your Love Awakens Me" hit the airwaves.  God could not have orchestrated a better gift for me as I set out on my new adventure.

My new job is located on a sprawling estate with walking trails, breathtakingly maintained flower gardens, and its own little lake.  The mission of the organization is Christian based and I was welcomed with cards from staff and a Starbucks gift card from a Board Member...my heart was completely won over.

It was a great first week with the beginning of many new relationships, attempting to learn multiple new names and faces, and a constant sense of peace.  Outside my window is an established white hibiscus tree that is frequented by the occasional hummingbird, which were a favorite of my grandma that passed away in May.

When I pulled into work my first Friday, Phil Wickham was again reminding me that "Your Love Awakens Me" and I really felt God saying, "this is beautiful, and this is for you".  My week began and quasi-ended with this musical reminder...

The next day as my daughter and I drove to see my grandpa, we had a lot of discussion about Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God...mostly in the context of tattoos.  We arrived at his room, and to be honest, it was really rough, the kind of rough that had my heart knowing that this might be the day...if not the very moment.  I did my best to focus on my grandma and ran out to her car for her to grab a coloring book she had purchased a few months back for me.  As I reached in her back seat and opened the bag to make sure I had the right one...the title of the coloring book came into view- "Be Still" - and it was in my favorite color...turquoise.

My phone rang shortly after I walked in the door at home that day and Hospice had indeed confirmed that it was only a matter of hours.  What a blessing to kiss his forehead and hold his hand one more time...and an even bigger blessing that morning as he was welcomed into Heaven, he was able to stop by my dream and give me a grand smile and a warm hand squeeze.  You all...Jesus loves us SO much!  That Sunday I was more moved to tears at the overwhelming love that our Father has for us.  That He would prepare a place for us; that He would allow loved ones that last good-bye; that He has a plan to make each and every one of us completely whole in Him someday.  It blows my mind and heart.

I arrive at work Tuesday to find a candle from my Secret Sister - 'Crisp Morning Air'.  In the card she writes that this candle is to remind me that His Mercies are NEW every day, EACH morning.  I flip over the calendar to September this past Friday after his funeral service and the verse is:

Lamentations 3:22-24 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

As my family figures out a new day without the physical presence of a great man, we are doing so in the presence of God.  He is fully aware of our new.  Our new grief, our new needs, our new progress, our new overwhelming joy in Him, and our desire to seek Him...even through the hard.

I encourage you to step back and fully take in the new He has in store for you this week.  Allow His walk with you to Awaken You until we are reunited in the dawning of a new Heaven and a new Earth...Be Still and Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment